Before applying for your licence, please read the information below:
Guidance notes on completing your application, please keep this to hand.
As part of the application process, you will need to upload or post the following documents:
- Floor plans, please see guidance (last page) - only required if the layout has changed since last licence was issued;
- Basic Disclosure and barring service (DBS) certificates, for all proposed licence holders, dated within 3 years;
- A fit and proper person declaration for all proposed licence holders must be completed and submitted with every application and dated at the time the application is made;
- If using a separate manager, ensure they have submitted a DBS certificate and fit and proper person declaration to Housing Services within the last 6 months (local office) and a fit and proper person declaration from a director of head office (if not local). If not provided, this will delay issuing the licence;
- Current gas safety certificate;
- Satisfactory Electrical Installation Condition Report dated within 5 years;
- You will also be required to provide additional information if there are any changes to property owners, mortgages, etc.
Mandatory or Additional application
Mandatory - from the 1 October 2018, all HMOs in Bath and NE Somerset occupied by 5 or more occupants sharing facilities will require a licence to operate.
Additional – HMOs occupied by 3 or 4 tenants sharing facilities will require an Additional licence in Bath city.
Renewal Online application
Please click on Renewal online application to apply.
Please see guidance notes on how to register with Idox to be able to return to your saved application. If you have exited your application or been timed out, you can click on Return to saved applications
The application should take approximately 30 minutes to complete, if you have all the required information available.
All supporting documents should ideally be saved to your computer, so that they can be uploaded as part of the application: