Last updated: 23rd November 2017
The Planning Policy team is responsible for providing planning policies to guide future development in the district. These policies will be set out in the Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) listed below.
The Planning Policy Website
- To navigate through our pages please either use the Planning Policy menu on the left of the screen (or bottom on some mobile devices); or
- use the Planning Policy Index which lists all of the pages available within the Planning Policy website which is kept as up-to-date as possible.
- The new Local Plan 2016-2036 Issues and Options document has been published and is out for consultation between 22nd November 2017 and 10th January 2018.
- The final draft of the West of England Joint Spatial Plan (JSP) is published for comment between 22nd November 2017 and 10th January 2018.
- The Houses in Multiple Occupation SPD has been revised and the new policies adopted in November 2017
- The Placemaking Plan - Bath and North East Somerset Council’s Placemaking Plan was formally adopted by the Council on 13th July 2017.
- Details of the current planning policy framework for Bath & North East Somerset can be found via this link
- The Local Development Scheme (LDS) includes the published programme and timetable of forthcoming Planning Policy work. Please consult it as it is updated when the programme or schedule changes. Summary information can also be found on the Local Development Framework (LDF) page.
If you cannot find the information you want, or if any hyperlinks are broken, please contact the Planning Policy Team using the contact details available on this page.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.