Making a Comment or Complaint
Are you happy with the service you receive?
Bath and North East Somerset is committed to providing quality services. Virgin Care Services Limited will provide the majority of the services previously provided by Sirona Care & Health from 1 April 2017. The services will still provide the same support, be funded in the same way and in most cases you will continue to see the same colleagues as you have seen before. If you have questions, please speak to the team from the service you work with – or you can contact Virgin Care’s Customer Services Team on 0300 303 9509, or by email: email@example.com. See http://bathneshealthandcare.nhs.uk/
If you have a concern or wish to make a complaint about services that are provided by one of these organisations you should contact the service provider. The provider should give you information about its complaints procedure and an answer to your complaint. They will also be pleased to hear about your good experiences.
If you have arranged care direct with a care provider and are paying with your own money, or your family is paying, you should make your complaint direct to the Local Government Ombudsman.
What complaints does the Council deal with?
The Council deals with complaints about:
- The charge you pay for services and how we have assessed the charge
- Safety and safeguarding
- The mental health social work service
- The quality of services which are funded by the Council and where the service provider has not been able to resolve the complaint. The Council can be asked to consider a complaint earlier where someone is in a very vulnerable situation.
- Deprivation of liberty (DOLS) and best interest assessment services.
We want to provide good quality services so if you have a comment, compliment, concern or a complaint, please tell us about it. This will help us to improve services and, if you have a complaint, it will give us the opportunity to put it right for you and learn from what you say.
If you are not sure who should deal with your complaint, contact us and we will be happy to direct you to the right place.
Bath and North East Somerset Council
Bath, BA1 1BF
Tel: 01225 477752
Who can complain?
The following people can make a complaint:
- The person receiving the service (the service user), or a potential service user
- Someone acting on behalf of the service user, or their carer, with their consent
- A representative of the service user if they do not have capacity to make decisions or to give to consent
What happens when you make a complaint to the Council?
We will acknowledge your complaint in three working days. We will talk to you to find out what issues you want to raise and how you would like them to be addressed. We will also discuss with you when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint. It might be helpful to have a meeting to talk about your complaint. If your complaint is particularly complicated or serious we might ask someone who is independent of the Council to investigate and write a report on their findings. We will provide you with a written response to your complaint. If you are not happy with the response, you can talk to us about other ways to resolve your complaint. We will also explain to you about taking your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.
The Local Government Ombudsman has an advice team. The contact details are:
The Local Government Ombudsman
PO box 4771
Coventry, CV4 0EH
Advice Team Tel: 0300 061 0614
When we deal with your complaint we promise to:
- Treat you with respect
- Treat your complaint seriously and do our utmost to put it right as quickly as possible
- Deal with your complaint in confidence, however, we will need to talk to other people so that we can investigate thoroughly
- Keep you informed about what is going on
Help with making your complaint
If you would like help to make your complaint there is an advocacy service called Complaints Procedure Advocacy (CPA) at the Care Forum:
The Care Forum
The Vassall Centre
Bristol, BS16 2QQ
Phone 0117 965 4444
Web: The Care Forum
If you need an interpreter or a signer, we can make arrangements to support you.